We told this to the men earlier, but we’re going to share it here too. Here’s the formula for a perfect About Me section. Follow this, and you’ll have no problems coming up with something interesting to say about yourself.
Introduce yourself > Tell what you do and where you’re from > Tell what you like to do > Mention what you’re looking for
“What I’m Looking For” Section Examples
The other major section that you’ll be writing at most online dating sites is the “What I’m Looking For” section where you talk about your ideal match. The absolute best advice we can give you here is, to be honest, and upfront about what you are looking for. Whatever you do, DON’T talk about what you want by talking about what you don’t want.
“I don’t want a man who’s going to run around on me,” is not something that inspires a man to message you. Speak positively about what you want and make sure not to be TOO forward about your long-term goals.
My ideal man is a strong-willed, Christian man who lives a faith-based life. If God is not what is most important to you, we probably won’t get along. Eventually, I’d like to get ily, but I’m in no rush to get there.
I’m looking for a man who loves to get dirty. The outdoors is where I spend most of my time, and if you’re scared to play in the mud, we aren’t going to get along. I love to laugh and would love a man with a sense of humor. If this sounds like you, shoot me a message.
Biggest Dating Profile Mistakes
Hopefully by this point you have a really great idea on how to write a dating profile. Before we send you out the door to do great things, though, we want to make sure to share a few quick don’ts when it comes to profile writing.
- Don’t come across egotistical. Yes, it’s totally cool to talk about yourself (that’s the point) and even to brag a little bit. However, when you start to talk about how you’re the best at something https://datingranking.net/best-hookup-apps/ or compare yourself to other people or pour it on too thick-it’s a turn off.
- Don’t rush the process. Getting a great online dating profile might take you a while. If you think it’s something you can complete in 10 minutes (and have perfect), you need to rethink things. Plan to invest some time into the process, and you’ll reap what you sow.
- Don’t expect it to be a one and done process. Just when you think you have your dating profile perfect, you’ll find opportunities to improve it. And guess what? That’s okay! You should constantly be working to make your profile as accurate, up to date, and awesome as you can.
- Don’t obsess over it. Yes, it’s important to write a great dating profile. However, it’s very easy to fall into the trap of worrying too much about it and overthinking things.
- Don’t lie. There are zero instances where lying is okay on your online dating profile. Period. End of sentence. If you still have some thoughts about this, we have an article in the additional resources section below that goes way more in-depth into this you should check out.
- Don’t play the comparison game. We’ve heard a lot of stories of people changing their gender interest on a dating site or making a fake profile as the other gender to see what they’re up against. Don’t do this. It’s not healthy, it doesn’t do you any good, and it also runs the risk of you getting permanently banned from the dating site. Do you, focus on showcasing the best you, and go with that. It’s not a competition.